Thursday, June 30, 2005

New Phone Deal

Okay, here's the deal:

We're ditching Netflix. They're great for selection, but they're a lousy value, and they've got lousy customer service.

We're also switiching phone companies. The new "Verizon Freedom Unlimited" plan gives us the unlimited long distance my wife needs so badly, and combined with their DSL, we'll actually be paying about the same as what we used to pay for Unlimited Long Distance with voice mail.

So I'm getting DSL and Unlimited Long Distance for less than what I used to pay just for the phone bill and dial-up.

However, I didn't let them lock me in to a one year contract, despite the offer of the free wireless router. I want to be able to ditch this quick if I need to, or if, as the frog and the dog sang, "Somethin' better comes along."

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Congratulations!! Also, I have a wireless router that you can have. It's 2wire. Let me know if you're interested and I can mail it to you today. Actually I'll probably give you a call in a minute to find out.