Thursday, March 17, 2005

By The Power Of Grayskull!

Okay, so I'm not quite He-Man. I'm not even that wimpy little geek Adam.

(Come to think of it, wasn't Adam just as big as He-Man? Why did everybody think he was such a dork? Why didn't anybody try to give him a weapon or something? "Hey, Adam," somebody should have said, "You're kind of a nerd, but you have pecs the size of Man-At-Arms' helmet. Take a sword or something, man." But I digress.)

So what I was saying, before my train of thought was derailed, was that last night, Greg and I decided to try to do the exact same upper body workout we did on Friday, same weights and everything. Since we're writing down everything we're doing, including rating the difficulty of the exercise on a 1-10 scale, we were able to see exactly how well we did compared with a few days before.

And I'll tell you what--nothing makes you feel stronger than doing two or three more reps than you did a couple days before. Sure, you could look around the gym and realize everybody's doing twice as much weight as you, but nothing beats being able to beat yourself.

So I say track your fitness training. Even if it's cardio, track how long it took you and how far you went or something. Nothing beats that feeling of knowing you're doing better.

No comments: