Thursday, May 12, 2005

Sleep

Well, my newest issue is probably sleep. As in, figuring how to get everything I need to get done, done, while still getting any sleep.

I've been getting about five hours of sleep a night, and it's just not enough. Yesterday in particular, my body started going into rebellion once the sun went down.

I guess it's like anything else--I just have to experiment until I find an amount of sleep that's right for me.

Getting enough sleep is more important to weight loss than you may think. Not only for the obvious reason (no sleep = no energy = no movement = no calories burned), but your body will actually slow down your metabolism if you didn't get enough sleep the night before. I don't know--maybe it's letting your body catch some zzz's a cell or two at a time. Either way, that means even fewer calories burned. People who don't get enough sleep tend to be heavier than people who do. It's counterintuitive--you'd think the people who were up doing stuff would burn more calories--but it's how the body works.

The question becomes how to get all the other stuff done while still sleeping.

No comments: