Sunday, January 23, 2005

Sunday Book Review: The Business Plan For The Body





In a time when most diet and fitness books seek to provide you with some "trick" to losing weight, some special way that you can eat all that you want, as long as you avoid the special food type or special secret that "unlocks your weight loss power," The Business Plan for the Body by Jim Karas stands out as a no-nonsense, realistic approach to weight loss.

If you have no problem with your finances, but struggle with weight issues, this may be the book for you. His approach is simple--if you treat your body the same way you would the financials of a business, you can control your success.

While the Karas can be blunt, and at times comes across as a wee bit vain (I don't think I'd want to hang out with this guy in real life) the facts are straightforward and accurate. No over-the-top false promises here. Just an absolutely clean, no-hype look at the cold, hard facts for weight loss and fitness.

Halfway through my last weight loss success, I shifted from Body for Life over to this book. While Body For Life was great to get me started, I felt like this book helped me step it up. Worth a read.

No comments: