Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Why Ads?

You’ve probably noticed this blog is plastered with ads. More so than other blogs you’ve probably glanced at.

One of the primary goals I have for this 365 day turnaround is to get out of debt. And when your debt represents more than half your yearly income, you can’t get out of debt in one year without taking drastic measures.

One of those drastic measures is getting a part-time job. At least until such time as the debt situation is resolved.

So I’m taking a risk. I’m making writing my part time job.

Rather than loading boxes at Wal-Mart, I’ve chosen to try to make money blogging.

Now if you know anything about blogs, you know that a blogger’s typical income compared to that of a Wal-Mart stocker is something like my current salary compared to that of oh, say, Bill Gates. “Wealthy as a blogger,” is not a phrase you hear bandied about a lot in Wall Street circles.

But sharing my experiences with you is far more satisfying to me than loading kitty litter onto shelves in the middle of the night. So I’m giving it a shot. This and a few other writing projects are my shot at that few extra bucks I’ll need. I’m going to give what I’ve got to making the information on this blog valuable to you, to make the other things I’m writing the best they can be.

Will I have to do the kitty litter thing before the year is out? Who knows. But if I do, you’ll hear about it.

In the meantime, I have ads here.

Because I really am an optimist.

No comments: