Monday, January 09, 2006

1 down, 49 to go

You know, I preach that you shouldn't shoot for more than a pound a week in your weight loss, but that doesn't mean I don't hope for more than a pound a week.

Still, it's a start. It's the step that begins the proverbial 1,000 mile journey, and I'll take it.

In related news, I got three free months of NBC's "Biggest Loser Club" by telling Verizon they could send me e-bills. It's normally $19.95 a month.

I'll tell you what--I'm glad I didn't pay for it. While the daily eating suggestions are fairly interesting, and the shopping lists are convenient, the daily exercise suggestions are remarkably vague, and there's not a way to track planned vs. actual performance. The strength training is just a full-body circuit training routine that's the same every day, and the cardio is just an interval cardio routine that's the same every day. It's moderately useful, but probably just pulled from the pages of the book, which probably isn't that much more than 19.95 anyway, and then I wouldn't have to access the website every day just to read it online.

While you can't post, you are free to peruse the message boards as a non-member if you want to get some idea of what's going on in there.

And the articles, while helpful, are nothing you can't find elsewhere. Lots of the articles come straight from Prevention magazine, in fact.

If you're looking for a way to track your calories eaten and calories burned, check out FitDay.com's free one. If you want the information from the Biggest Loser, maybe get the book and the DVD--I don't know; I haven't seen them yet. But I can't recommend the website, really.

Sorry, guys.

No comments: